The Ideal Spa Cover is #1
All spa covers are NOT created equal!
We use a proprietary blend Vinyl
Our Virgin EPS foam is tapered for maximum runoff of rain-water
The VPB 3000 Vapor Proof Barrier exclusive to Ideal Spa Covers
Certified Safety Cover ASTM f 1346-91
In a Nutshell....
A few of the other things Ideal Spa Covers incorporates into their cover
- Tear Free Padded Handles (slightly offset) Made of same material/ color as spa cover. Fiver layers thick for added strength. (Not Nylon. Nylon rots in the sun)
- Double Reinforced Folding Hinge - Allows for strength at the hinge (keeps foam panels pressed firmly against each other preventing heat loss through hinge). NO need for "full length thermal seal do-dad thing-a-ma-jig" the other guys are selling.
- Dual Purpose Heat Seal Gaskets - When the spa cover is on the spa the gaskets eliminate loss of heat at the spa edges. When the spa cover is taken off, the gaskets double as a great resting place for the cover. Simply place the cover upright and rest on the padded gaskets.
- Commercial Grade Nylon Zipper - At the beginning of the summer it is a good idea to take the foam out of the vinyl and let everything air out for a few hours. While the foam is out, wipe off the VPB 3000 plastic barrier. It may have moisture on it as well as mildew. A high quality zipper will enable you reassemble the spa cover easily.
- Double Ply Poly-Laminate - The bottom of the spa cover is NOT the same as the colored portion of the spa cover. Since the bottom of the spa cover will be exposed to harsh fumes from the sanitizers it is important to have a strong material to withstand the abuse. We use a light grey color since the fumes will "bleach" out the color eventually.
- LIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE - Call Discount Pool Supply 9am to 5pm (PST) and Chris, the owner will answer all of your questions about spa covers. And since he has been in the business for over 25 years he can answer all of your pool/spa questions as well. For more information click here Spa Cover Information.